Connect with usCareers
Come work with us! Our caring and dedicated staff are a significant part of what makes the Food Bank a great place to work. Be a part of an organization that fights hunger and its root causes, because no one should go hungry. Check out our current career opportunities below!
Development Coordinator – Individual, Planned and Foundation Giving
The Calgary Food Bank is looking for a Development Coordinator to join our Community Engagement team! This role reports to and collaborates with the Manager, Community Engagement and is responsible for managing and stewarding the individual, planned, and foundation giving program at the Calgary Food Bank.
- Lead, develop, manage and execute strategies that attract, grow and retain gifts and relationships with individuals, foundations, and non-corporate contributors. This includes but is not limited to direct mail, presentations, personal visits, grant writing, cases for support and other campaigns or activities.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit (including proposals of all types and media formats) and steward donors, both individual and private/public foundations.
- Develop and maintain donor records and create reports that reflect portfolio activity and progress.
- Implement and maintain a stewardship process.
- Ensure reporting requirements are met.
- Develop methods to demonstrate impact of gifts and maintain donor relations.
- Plan retention focused donor engagement and stewardship programs.
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage submissions.
- Actively work to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with individuals and foundations that will result in funding for the Calgary Food Bank’s goals.
- Analyze data to identify patterns of giving.
- Ensure active pipeline of donors by effectively utilizing donor information to establish prospects and engage future donors. Working closely with other team members to identify prospects.
- Ensure alignment with internal accounting and finance process and reporting requirements.
- Guide and participate in the administration of gifts-in-kind (e.g.: securities, insurance) and estate files.
- Provide donor analytics for Management and Community Engagement team.
- Work collaboratively with the Community Engagement team to conduct tours, assist or lead community events and create content and collateral as required.
Decision making and leadership capabilities
- Proven leadership ability to achieve objectives, work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Working with the Community Engagement team, build an annual strategic plan for Individual and Foundation Giving and plan departmental objectives and budget processes.
- Displays responsibility, integrity and ethical behaviour, both personally and professionally.
- Be able to develop and maintain productive working relationships with volunteers, donors, staff, other organizations and the public using tact, diplomacy and good judgement.
- Articulate and persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and grant and proposal writing.
Education and experience
- A related post-secondary degree is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience relevant to the role requirements.
- More than seven years of experience in all aspects of fund development and donor engagement including developing and executing strategies that attract, grow and retain, donors and partnerships. Not for profit sector experience required.
- Thorough knowledge and experiences with the application of all legal requirements related to the receiving and processing of gifts by a Registered Canadian Charity.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation and Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP) membership would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications, ability to master new software programs.
- Demonstrated expertise with customer relationship management systems (CRM), Salesforce experience preferred.
Please submit your application before October 11, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussion and/or interview.
Education and experience
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and may require occasional visits to the warehouse. The qualified candidate must be open to working outside of normal business hours and weekends. Some lifting (30 lbs or less) required. A reliable source of transportation and driver’s license are required.<
$59,845 – $63,678