Connect with usCareers
Come work with us! Our caring and dedicated staff are a significant part of what makes the Food Bank a great place to work. Be a part of an organization that fights hunger and its root causes, because no one should go hungry.
The Calgary Food Bank is looking for a Business Analyst to join our Logistics and Inventory team! This position documents and performs analysis of cross functional and departmental processes to streamline our business. This role will work closely with a cross-functional Calgary Food Bank team and will also be assigned projects from various departments in the organization.
- Identify and document current state cross functional processes at the Calgary Food Bank by gathering relevant information about operating processes and information requirements, design and document workflow.
- Performs analysis of individual department processes as required and prepares reports to share these results.
- Manage and provide process improvement recommendations and solutions to better align with vision and mission and in response to new department needs.
- Implements agreed upon solutions incorporating ideas and concepts that leverage the latest technologies.
- With a focus on continuous improvement, works on project team with other staff or volunteers on business analysis and other projects as required.
- Work individually and collaboratively to meet personal and developmental goals and timelines.
- Apply business analysis skills and Calgary Food Bank knowledge to implement process improvements, prioritizing quick wins and identifying project opportunities.
- Acts as the central point of contact for business analysis projects at the Calgary Food Bank.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our processes and systems to streamline our business operations.
- Communicate with key process owners to gather requirements, document current state, and identify potential opportunities.
- Volunteer supervision, coordination and leadership.Preparation of weekly, monthly and annual reports to the organization on project progress.
Decision making and leadership capabilities
- Ability to prioritize own schedule in order to meet position and department objectives.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative time.
- Responsibility, integrity and ethical behaviour, personally and professionally.
- Strong skills in business intelligence reporting and solutions.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, effectiveness and organizational skills.
Education and experience
- Business, supply chain or business analysis diploma or degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years of business analysis experience.
- BABOK knowledge and IIBA membership would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of the not-for-profit and charitable sector and food industry experience would be considered assets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 as well as extensive Visio experience.
- Candidates are required to pass a criminal record check.
Interested applicants can e-mail their covering letter and resume by Friday, December 6, 2019. Please include salary expectations with your application. We thank all applicants for their interest; suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussion and/or interview.