Connect with usCareers
Our caring and dedicated staff are a significant part of what makes the Food Bank a great place to work. Be a part of an organization that fights hunger and its root causes, because no one should go hungry.
The Calgary Food Bank is looking for an Assistant to join our Corporate Services team!
This position is responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the Corporate Services department.
- Provide assistance and coverage to accurately handle all incoming donations and accounts payable.
- Data entry processing of cash and Moneris donations into the Calgary Food Bank database.
- Charitable tax receipting.
- Processing and data entry of all food donation sheets.
- Maintenance of donor contact information.
- Prepare bank deposits, reconciliations, summary reports and other related actions.
- Matching purchase orders, coding, data entry and vendor reconciliations.
- Review and ensure that Moneris transactions are matched and forwarded to be processed.
- Review invoices for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Follow up with expense reporting to ensure accurate records.
- Help maintain accurate records for accounts receivable and payable.
- Assist with budget preparation, review and analysis of variances.
- Assist with creation, updating and management of documents, including processes and procedures.
Decision Making and Leadership Capabilities:
- Prioritize work based on the needs of department
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Using defined policies and processes, and good judgment – decide what can be done independently and what needs to be referred to the Department Manager.
Education and Experience Required:
- 2-5 years of accounting experience required
- Diploma or greater in Business Administration or Accounting.
- The equivalent combination of education and work experience can be considered
Skills and Capabilities:
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Windows-based computers and databases.
- Skills and experience in data entry, data integrity and information management, with a focus on speed and accuracy.
Working conditions: Working conditions are normal for an office environment but may require occasional trips to the warehouse.
Hours of Work: This is a temporary, contract position for one-year, working part-time hours (3 days per week/ 7.5 hours a day). The hours of this role may vary and the candidate must be open to other hours with advance notice.
Salary Range: $22.50 – $23.40 per hour
Interested applicants can e-mail their covering letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, August 30th, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; suitable applicants will be contacted for further discussion and/or interview.