WORKING TOGETHER DURING COVID-19
Partner organizations updates
March 23, 2020
Thank you for your patience while we worked on implementing new protocols to keep our staff, volunteers, partner organizations, and clients safe.
Here are some updates on the new hamper distribution model for our Main Location (5000 11 Street SE):
- To practice social distancing protocols and to ensure the safety of our community, we are switching to a drive-thru model of hamper distribution.
- Distribution shifts will be in half-hour increments from 8:30 – 10:30am primarily for agency pickups (15 hampers/shift) with a few client pickups (5 hampers/shift) and 10:30 am – 7:00 pm for clients only, with a maximum of 20 hampers/shift.
- It is extremely important that clients and agency workers MUST arrive in their assigned pick-up window!
- If they arrive earlier than the assigned distribution shift, they WILL be asked to move back in the queue. If they arrive later than the assigned distribution shift, they WILL be asked to reschedule their hamper for another time/day.
- Emergency Food Hampers, at all locations, now only contain essential items and will be smaller than what clients are used to.
- If you are picking up a hamper on behalf of a client via the Agency Pickup option, please BRING a printout of your hamper confirmation or be ready to show an electronic copy of this confirmation upon arrival. If you do not have a hamper confirmation, please be prepared to show some sort of agency identification e.g. ID tag, business card.
Care Connect deliveries can be scheduled as before (the scheduling of hampers is still up to the discretion of Care Connect). They have informed us that they have quite a backlog of hampers to deliver and are working with a limited number of volunteers so they have very long wait times and may not take additional requests for now.
Hamper distribution at satellite locations is currently OPEN to limited locations. These locations are: Centre Street Church (Mon, Tue, Thurs), Eastside Victory Outreach (Tue, Wed, Thurs), Deer Park United Church (Thurs), Heritage (Sat). We have implemented new protocols at all locations to ensure the safety of volunteers, staff, and clients. Hamper distribution at these locations DOES NOT follow a drive-thru model of distribution but social distancing protocols have been implemented.
This is still limited to select organizations. Please note there is a new depot code for this: VAN MC1 and continue to book van deliveries as before.
We know that you may have many questions and concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us using the agency line at 403-640-8810 with your questions. This situation is ever evolving, and we will keep you updated on developments. Please continue to monitor our website or social media for more details and updated information.
March 20, 2020
Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the temporary closure. It is critical that we implement food safety and social distancing protocols so that we can be here for you in the coming weeks. We are now moving to an order and pick-up model of food and supplies distribution.
Here are some updates on the new distribution model which has been effective since Thursday, March 19:
- We are working with limited staff, volunteers and resources at this time, to keep our facility safe and continue service delivery, therefore a limited number of agencies have been contacted, primarily those with certified industrial kitchens and who are cooking for their resident clients.
- The selected agencies/programs will be contacted to notify them when they can access the Food Link Program with this new distribution model
Please continue to bear with us as we work through this challenge. We know that you may have many questions and concerns. Please contact us using the agency line at 403-640-8810 or the Food Link team members at 403-253-2059 extension 227 or extension 230.
Connect with us
403-253-2059 Ext. 227
403-253-2059 Ext. 230